Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thanking God and Having Faith

Last week I received a bonus from work that was just the right amount we needed to cover the expense of the boys' glasses. We prayed for the money to be provided, as we've had several financial emergencies in a row over the past two months that we haven't had all the money to cover. We have been trying so hard since we took the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class last January to live within our means and not go any further into debt and pay off our existing debt. It is still a long road for us, but we are staying faithful. I am working more hours at work to try to help things, Scott is selling things from his collections, etc. etc. But it still can be so discouraging sometimes. And I should look at the positives I suppose - had we not had our emergency fund, then we would be a lot further behind now! We were prepared for 1 or 2 emergencies, but when it becomes 5 or 6 emergencies all in a row, then we really can't sustain them all on our own! I guess that's when we do need to have faith that God will provide as we need Him to. It's a lesson I seem to need to learn over and over again. Like the bonus I just got, it was just enough to pay for the boys' glasses. And it came AFTER we had tithed the Sunday before at church. And I thanked my boss for it saying that we had really prayed for that money to cover the boys' glasses and how much I appreciated it. He said that my bonus should've actually been less, due to the percentage numbers and formula he normally follows when giving bonuses, but when he saw mine and prayed about it, he just didn't feel like that amount was right, and he gave me more. He didn't even know about the boys' glasses before that. So, that was definitely an answered prayer. I shouldn't question God's plan, when I can see over and over how He's provided for us. I just need to remember those times!!

1 comment :

  1. I love hearing stories like this. You have proved the scripture Malachi 3:10. I love hearing about your great faith.

    ReplyDelete