Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ethan's 5th Birthday

Ethan will turn 5 years old in just 2 days, on February 3rd! I can't believe I have a 5 year old now. 5 years ago, we weren't expecting baby Ethan Scott to arrive until February 14th, my due date. However, after being checked regularly since around week 20 of my pregnancy for high blood pressure and hypertension, on Monday, Feb. 2nd after a doctor appointment, we decided to go ahead and induce labor for the baby's safety. I spent the night in the hospital overnight, and the induction started the next morning around 8 am. After a quick labor and just a few pushes, Ethan was born at 2:13 pm, weighing 6 lbs 7 oz and 19 3/4 inches long.

We celebrated with a Star Wars birthday party at McDonald's on Saturday with 16 of Ethan's friends! I think he had a great time. We love you, Ethan, and you are so special to us!

1 comment :

  1. Jill, I really liked your post and all the old pictures! It is fun to remember Ethan when he was littler and think about Wendy growing up and being 5...oh my. It is an overwhelming emotion! Love, Stacy

    ReplyDelete