Tuesday, March 31, 2009

5K Race in Atlanta

This past weekend, I completed the 5K race I'd been training for in Atlanta. My friend, Melinda, and I ran in the pouring down rain, along with thunder and lightening starting around the first mile of the race. We stayed together running through most of the race, and both finished with a time of 38:40. That was a bit slower than my previous race time of 38:09 last June, but I am not complaining! It felt like we had an extra 5 lbs of water weight on us with how hard it was raining, so I was just proud that we didn't slip or fall any!!! Of course, because of the weather, we didn't have much chance for pictures and didn't take any with our own cameras. Maybe I can link a picture from some of the race photography when those get published. I'm sure we look LOVELY anyway, with our soaking clothes, hair, and everything!!! Maybe I can run the same race next year in good weather!

No comments :

Post a Comment