Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hope

I hadn't gotten a change to update everyone again until now, but I wanted to share the good news with all of you . . . Scott was offered a position on Friday with one of the companies he interviewed at last week. We are very thankful that he has been given this option, and we don't take this answered prayer lightly. However, we are writing once again to ask for continued prayer. After finding out more of the details of this position, we found out that the starting salary is $10,000 less than he was making previously, with probably a 2 year time period to work up to his former salary. This is quite a significant difference, as even with his salary previously, it had been a struggle to meet our basic budget, and he had worked a second job even then to make ends meet. Also, benefits are not offered until after 6 months, and there is a high possibility he would have a second shift schedule (3 - midnight). So, while we are thankful that a job has been offered, it is not the solution we had been hoping for. But we know that if this is where God ultimately wants Scott to be, He will work out all of these details.

We are still asking for continued prayer that he may get a call back this week to continue in the interviewing process with the second company he interviewed with last week. I had gone into some detail previously about the possibility of working somewhere where he could finish his education, and this company he is waiting to hear back from is that place. Also, the starting salary for this position is what he was making before, and benefits are offered upfront without a long waiting period, and it would be a normal day schedule, allowing for more family time, and without the need for a second job to meet our budget. We are still hopeful that he may be given the opportunity for this job, as this really is our number one choice.

Please continue to pray that God's will be done. Even though this second job is the one we would prefer, we are not strangers to being in circumstances that might not be our first choice, and we will accept that, if it is God's will, hard as it may be. We know that even to be offered a job in this economy, after only being out of work for 1 month is such a blessing in itself, and we are giving all the praise to God! And we wholeheartedly thank each and every one of you who have lifted us up in prayer during this time. We know we wouldn't have felt the peace we have felt without everyone praying for us.

We received a special anonymous gift in the mail this week, with a sweet card, a gift card, and reminders of God's presence from scripture. We are extremely thankful to whomever sent this gift, and I wanted to share some of the scripture reminders that were shared with us in this note to close. I hope that these will encourage each of you as you start your weeks, just as they have encouraged us.

"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." - Psalm 46:1

"Come near to God and he will come near to you." - James 4:8

"For the Lord you God is a merciful God; He will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers." - Deuteronomy 4:31

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." - Deuteronomy 33:27

"For the sake of His great Name the Lord will not reject His people, because the Lord was pleased to make you His own." - 1 Samuel 12:22

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

3 comments :

  1. Jill, I am praying for you and Scott. I know how difficult it is in this time. I am in a similar situation, as I may be offered a job that is less than ideal.

    Keep your chins up, and I look forward to reading more about how God is at work in your family.


    Lee Kennedy
    Galatians 6.9

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you guys. We love you and know this is a tough time. It's encouraging to hear how strong your faith is remaining! Sorry we have been missing each other on the phone. I work the next two days so I probably won't be able to talk. Maybe on Thursday? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep you in our prayers. I loved the scriptures you shared, especially the last one which has been one of my very favorites since I first read it in HS. A great reminder. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete