Sunday, June 7, 2009

Start of Summer

Well, preschool for the boys has officially ended, swim lessons have officially started last week, we went on a weekend trip to Dollywood in Tennessee . . . so I guess that means summer has officially started! I've been slow to update my blog lately because of our busy start to summer, but I thought I better get started before I get too far behind on things!

Last week we started our two weeks of swimming lessons with our friend, Melanie, who taught Ethan last year for the first time. This year Ethan is continuing to learn more, adding in some strokes this year, and Caleb is starting for the first time. I was really worried about Caleb being too young to start and getting too scared in the water, but he has really surprised me and done a great job so far! There is still crying, but it doesn't last very long. Ethan did great last year, so I figured he would do great this year building on what he learned. I have taken a ton of small video clips on my camera from lessons that I am going to try to share. They are very short, but it will probably still take a little while to upload. But I love to look back and see how far they've come. I will post the videos I've picked out to share on the next post.

We just returned early this morning (12:15 am) from our trip to Dollywood in Tennessee. We went with our good friends, the Wileys (Melanie the swim teacher and her family). They had season passes and were able to get a free ticket for Ethan (Caleb was free), and adult tickets discounted, so that was really nice! We drove there after work on Friday, stayed overnight, and went to the park all day Saturday, and drove home Saturday night. It was our first time visiting Dollywood and we really enjoyed it! If you are ever in Tennessee, I highly recommend it. If we didn't live 3 hours away, we probably would've considered season passes. But Caleb wasn't too into the rides yet, so we may wait until he's older to go again. Ethan on the other hand had a great time riding rides and water rides. I will also post pictures from our trip on a later post when I upload everything.

No comments :

Post a Comment