Monday, August 3, 2009

August Family Visit



We enjoyed a visit with all of my family this weekend. Megan and Mike came, as well as Stacy, Zach, and Wendy, and my Dad was home in SC too. It was nice to have all eleven of us here together. Although a bit crazy and hectic too with so many people, but we enjoy it! The weekend consisted of several trips to the pool, Megan, Mike, and Dad going on a bike ride, playing Wii games at the house, going to church, going out to eat Mexican, and just hanging out! It was a relaxing and a busy weekend all in one! I am thankful I took Monday off work to recover and try to get back into a normal routine.

Speaking of normal routines, there are only a few more weeks left until official kindergarten starts for Ethan. I got the postcard in the mail stating who Ethan's teacher would be, and the date for orientation is August 12th. School starts on August 18th. I am a little overwhelmed at what our new schedule will hold for us. We will have to get to bed much earlier and wake up much earlier than we do now. I think Ethan has to be at school at 7:30 am, which means us probably getting up around 6:15 am each morning. I plan to arrange my work schedule so I can take Ethan to school each morning, then go to work, and get off at 2 pm to pick him up at least on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My mom will pick him up on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as I will work later on those days. Then Ethan is also starting Upward Soccer again in a few weeks. I'm sure we'll get into our new routine, but it will take some adjusting on everyone's parts. We've been trying to get into a routine of earlier bedtimes for the past week, but it is hard as we want to fit every bit of summer in that we can!

As for me, I have started back into running more regularly again. A couple neighborhood moms and I have been going 3 - 4 times a week in the evenings for about a 30 minute run. I think I'm going to enter a couple 5Ks in the Fall to work towards. Although it is so hot right now, we normally have to wait until at least 8:30 for it to cool enough to run. Hopefully I can keep up the running when the new schedule starts too.

Well, I think that's all of the update for now!

1 comment :

  1. So neat to see the pics of your whole family! Thanks for sharing. I am also a little overwhelmed with the idea of school starting again. It won't take long to get back into the routine though. Have fun with kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete