Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patch with Caleb

 Today I went on a field trip with Caleb and his 4K class to the pumpkin patch.  He got to ride the big school bus for the first time in his life.  He has loved school buses since he was small, and was actually excited to ride it, although you can't tell from his "zoolander" face above!  (That face just makes me laugh!)
 We went on a hayride, fed cows candy, saw baby calves, saw pigs, stuffed a scarecrow, and picked out a pumpkin!
 Again, he was excited to pick out a pumpkin, but you couldn't tell it from these pictures.  He was talking to me as we walked around, and at one point his teacher was in front of us on the pathway.  She actually jumped in surprise when she heard him talking behind her.  She says he hardly ever talks at school and is so shy.  Boy, does he have them fooled!  :-)  He was too camera shy to even look at the lady taking our picture together below.
 As a chaperone, I had a group of four 4 yr old boys to keep up with on the trip.  They actually were very well behaved and listened well.  However, the one thing I was very thankful I packed in my backpack - kleenex . . . they seemed to constantly need it to wipe their noses.  The one thing I wished I would've remembered - hand sanitizer!
 And proof below, back in the comfort of our home, that Caleb really was EXCITED to get a pumpkin!
So, even though I am now 6 1/2 months pregnant, and after the field trip I required a 3 hour nap to recover, I am thankful that I got the chance to go and have this special one on one time with my baby, Caleb.  He won't be my youngest baby much longer!

No comments :

Post a Comment