Friday, June 3, 2011

TRUST ME

From "Jesus Calling", pg. 380, by Sarah Young

"TRUST ME with every fiber of your being!  What I can accomplish in and through you is proportional to how much you depend on Me.  One aspect of this is the degree to which you trust Me in a crisis or major decision.  Some people fail miserably here, while others are at their best in tough times.  Another aspect is even more telling: the constancy of your trust in Me.  People who rely on Me in the midst of adversity may forget about Me when life is flowing smoothly.  Difficult times can jolt you into awareness of your need for Me, whereas smooth sailing can lull you into the stupor of self-sufficiency.


I care as much about your tiny trust-steps through daily life as about your dramatic leaps of faith.  You may think that no one notices, but the One who is always beside you sees everything-and rejoices.  Consistently trusting in Me is vital to flourishing in My Presence.


Psalm 40:4; Psalm 56:3-4; Psalm 62:8; Isaiah 26:3-4"""""""""

I couldn't have said it any better.  Almost every sentence above stands out to me.  I looked up the verses from which this devotion was based above, and I am so encouraged.  It is very true that sometimes in the "easy" times of our lives, we don't depend on God as much as we should.  It's comforting to know that Jesus does care about our "tiny trust-steps through daily life" just as much as the "dramatic leaps of faith."  What tiny trust-steps am I taking in my life?

No comments :

Post a Comment