Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Revised Immunization Schedule 2011

I had to take Alaina today for an immunization appointment, and the nurse asked if it was okay if she shared my revised immunization schedule with other parents who were interested.  I told her that was fine because I know a lot of parents out there want a slower schedule, so that not so much is going into their bodies at once.  It is hard to find any alternate schedules now that take into account all of the newer vaccines and combination shots.  Even from the time I had my son in 2006 to the time I had my daughter in 2011 things had changed a lot.  So, I studied the current 2011 immunization schedule from the CDC and revised things after my daughter had her 2 month shots so that she wouldn't be getting so much in her body all at once.  I went over it with my family doctor, and he agreed that the schedule would be fine to follow.  If I would've been more on top of things before her 2 month old check up, I probably would've spread out those ones a little bit too, but I didn't make the revised schedule until after that appointment.  I thought I would put the schedule up on my blog in case any other parents out there were looking for an alternative slower schedule to use with their children too.  Note that my child doesn't have to have all of the immunizations completed until she enters school at age 5 because she doesn't attend daycare, but if any of your children do attend daycare, you can always get a religious exemption for your state or get a doctor's note from your doctor if they agree, letting the daycare know when the next scheduled immunization is, or what your child's "catch up" schedule is.  I have so much more peace of mind knowing that I'm putting as little of the vaccinations into my child's body at one time as I can, but yet still aiming to have her fully vaccinated by the start of kindergarten.  On my schedule, she doesn't get the first Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine until age 2 and the first MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) shot until age 3.   I highlighted the shots that have the different vaccinations combined in the one shot.  My doctor uses GSK products, so the shot names are in parentheses for those products.  Hope this helps some parents out there looking for an alternate vaccination schedule!
 
Birth 2 mos 4 mos 6 mos (finish ones due at 4 mos) 8 mos (start ones due at 6 mos) 10 mos (finish ones due at 6 mos)
Hepatitis B Hepatitis B Hepatitis B Hepatitis B
Diphtheria Diphtheria Diphtheria
Tetanus Tetanus Tetanus
Pertussis Pertussis Pertussis
Inactivated Poliovirus Inactivated Poliovirus Inactivated Poliovirus
(Pediarix) (Pediarix) (Pediarix)
Rotavirus Rotavirus
(Rotarix) (Rotarix)
Haemophilus influenzae type b Haemophilus influenzae type b Haemophilus influenzae type b
(Hib) (Hib) (Hib)
Pneumococcal Pneumococcal Pneumococcal
(PCV) (PCV) (PCV)
12 mos 15 mos 18 mos 2 yrs (24 mos) 3 yrs 4 yrs
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) Pneumococcal (PCV) Dipththeria Varicella Measles, Mumps, Rubella Varicella
Hepatitis A (Havrix) Tetanus Hepatitis A (Havrix) (MMR) Diphtheria
Pertussis Tetanus
(Infanrix) Pertussis
Inactivated
Poliovirus
 
5 yrs
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
(MMR)
(Kinrix)

No comments :

Post a Comment