Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Since Easter

I can't believe once again another month has passed since Easter. Time marches on! Things have seemed so busy since Easter, even though I can't quite remember why it seems that way? The boys finished up basketball, so they don't have practice or games and we also decided to take a break from gymnastics as well. So really all we have on the schedule is school and church on Sunday. I really love having a less "scheduled" schedule. I think it's great to have kids involved in extra curricular activities, but its also nice not to be so over scheduled and have time for family time in the evenings. Like last night and tonight the kids made a fort in their swing set clubhouse by covering the openings with towels and blankets. And tonight they played baseball and kickball in the culdesac with neighborhood friends. I love that they can find creative and fun things to do without being made to with an organized team. We are so lucky to have a great group of kids right here in the neighborhood to play with. There are times I would love to move to a bigger house, but I really can't imagine leaving all our great neighbors! It's not something we can do right now anyway, but I'm glad I can be content where we are for now.


(3 cuties after church one Sunday)
In other news since Easter, we made a trip to my parents' home in Williamsburg, VA a few weekends ago to visit with my sisters and most of their families. We hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was great to get together for a long weekend - still always too short and goes by too fast. The kids had great cousin time and I enjoyed spending time with my sisters.


(7 cousins - what a group!)
Last weekend I traveled to Surfside Beach (a little south of Myrtle Beach) for my once a year reunion with my best college girlfriends. We don't get to see each other but once a year, but we can always pick up right where we left off.
(Ginger, Kelly, Julie, Me)
I'm thankful to my husband for watching the kids for the long weekend and allowing me to have this special time with my girlfriends. Usually I feel like it really refreshes me, gives me some time to myself so I can come back a better mother and wife. This year I was happy to get back to my family, however I seem to be having a very hard time with allergies and sinuses since I've gotten back so I haven't felt great.

I went on a field trip to the Strawberry Farm with Caleb on Monday and I will go on a field trip with Ethan on Friday to Columbia, our state's capital. In between I'm trying to fit in working!



Busy, busy! Oh, and I'm trying to convince myself to really start potty training Alaina, who turned 2 at the end of January. I know it will be great once she is fully trained, its just all the inconvenience between now and then that I dread. Here's hoping she's a fast learner!



And a few other fun things we've done in the last month:
Ethan and Caleb went regular roller skating for the first time and both did great!




Ethan and Caleb both got all A's on their report cards and got to go and get free doughnuts for every A from Krispy Kreme

We went to a local carnival in town and all the kids had fun riding the rides ... Especially Alaina who got to drive a car for the first time!
Until my next moment to blog!

No comments :

Post a Comment