Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our New Wood Floor is Finished!

I haven't been on here as much lately, as we have been in limbo between our house and my parents' house for the past week, while Scott worked on redoing our floors. We pulled up the carpet in our living room, dining room, and boys' bedrooms and replaced it with wood laminate flooring, the kind that DIYers can do themselves. Scott and my Dad worked on it mainly, and although we had planned on it taking from last Wednesday until Sunday night . . . it took until Wednesday of this week. So a few more days than expected, but all in all, I am very proud of the guys and the superb job they've done! The floors look great and I feel like I am in a new house! We are still working on getting everything back in place decor wise, but all of the big pieces of furniture are back in place. We ended up deciding to put Ethan and Caleb in the same bedroom, and making Caleb's old bedroom into the new playroom. Before, we had our dining room converted into the playroom, so I am very happy to have my dining room back again! Maybe we can easily have people over for meals again, without having to all cram in the kitchen! Here are some pictures from before and after. I wish I would've taken a picture of just the floor before we got the furniture back in, but didn't think about it until it was too late.


This is the living room floor after pulling up the carpet.
This is the living room after flooring done and new arrangement of furniture.

This is another pic of living room, looking in off kitchen.
Here is a pic of the hallway, where you can see the flooring up close.

The new combined boys' bedroom.

Another pic of boys' bedroom from entering room.

This is the new playroom (Caleb's old bedroom) - basically consists of train table, bookshelves to side with toys and books (unseen), and small activity table to sit at and draw, eat, etc.

Caleb was extra camera happy tonight, showing me his big cheeses!

2 comments :

  1. It looks fabulous! I love wood floors the best. Here in Vegas tile seems to be more common, which is making my house hunt more difficult because I want wood floors (and my husband does NOT do home improvement projects, so I need to start out with wood because I don't want to pay someone to do it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. jill your new floors look GREAT! can't wait to see it in person sometime. love you

    ReplyDelete