Thursday, December 31, 2009

Behind in Blogging

I'm very behind in my blogging.  I have thought about catching up the last month many times in the past month, but something has always taken it's place.  Then the further I get behind, the more of a long project it becomes to get caught up!  Do any of you other bloggers out there ever feel that way?  Also, sometimes I don't update because I don't have all my pictures uploaded to share etc. etc.  But I know that I can just type word entries alone as well.  So, this post will be just that!

One of the reasons I'm so behind is that our family has been sick off and on quite a lot over the past month.  Before Thanksgiving, I think we maybe had about 3 times this year that any of us had a small sickness, such as a cough or cold, or a fever here and there, but nothing major - Praise the Lord!  However, on Thanksgiving Eve, Caleb woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach virus/throwing up.  This changed our Thanksgiving weekend plans quite a bit.  We didn't get to share the meal with Scott's parents as planned, because they both had trips to leave for the next week, and couldn't chance getting sick.  Then on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, 3 nights later, Scott got the stomach virus too.  So that was our Thanksgiving weekend.  The next week, Caleb woke up with the croupy sounding cough and couldn't breathe very well one night.  We ended up taking him to the doctor to make sure nothing had spread to his lungs.  Thankfully, it hadn't, but he did seem to be fighting off something undetermined, so he was given antibiotics.  He seemed to get better after that.  The next weekend (the one after Thanksgiving), Ethan and Caleb both started running fevers with no other symptoms on Saturday night.  So, once again, we stayed home from church.  They both were fever free by Sunday night, but I still kept Ethan home from school that Monday because it hadn't been a full 24 hours before Monday morning school starting.  I sent Ethan back to school on Tuesday.  After the fever, Ethan did develop a similar cough to what Caleb had had previously along with his croupy cough, but Ethan's wasn't quite as bad.  Ethan's had more congestion in it.  This congestion often caused him to spit up phlegm, which then made him think he was throwing up.  This is what happened when the school called me to come pick him up from school on Wednesday, because he had thrown up on the playground.  We thought it was just a congestion throw up type of thing too, and with no fever and no other symptoms, we sent him back to school on Thursday and Friday.  After all, it was his last two days before Christmas break, and we wanted him to enjoy the fun his class was having - Christmas parties etc.  So, he got along fine those days.  Then all of a sudden on Saturday night, he started throwing up again, only this time it was the stomach virus type of throwing up.  So, once again, we missed church the next morning!  We prayed that Christmas would be sick free, since we had already had Thanksgiving holiday with the stomach bug.  Thankfully, our prayer was answered up until Christmas Day was over.  A little after midnight after Christmas, I finally got the stomach bug!  Isn't that the weirdest thing that it took 4 - 5 weeks to make it all the way through our family?  I have officially told the stomach virus that it has visited our whole family, and it can leave once and for all and not come back at all in 2010!  :-)

So, despite all the off and on sickness with the stomach bug mainly, we were able to have a very nice Christmas with our family.  My sisters and their families got to come visit for 4 -5 days, and have just left within the past 2 days.  Today, I had to go back to work in the office for today and tomorrow, and then I'm off again for a 3 day New Year's weekend.  I hope to catch up with FUN PICTURES from our Christmas and family visits then.

Thanks for reading my long journal post about all the sickness.  Not very fun, but now you know why I haven't posted all month long!  Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment