Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday to Caleb!

This past Tuesday, August 30th, was Caleb's 5th Birthday. It is hard to believe that he is already 5 years old! The Saturday before, he had an outdoor water party, as he has for the past 2 years also, only this year he got to use his new awesome water slide we bought him for his party. He and all his friends had a great time and we had beautiful weather! I was so busy running around that I didn't even take any pictures myself on my camera, so I must get some from my mom and mom-in-law soon, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to blog about him on his special day. Here is one pic I have from a friend at the party:
What can I say about Caleb?  For one, he is a blessing to our lives.  Although he has challenged us as parents with his personality and preferences, we wouldn't change a thing about him!  He is so spirited and strong willed, which I'm sure will take him far one day in his life as an adult!  :-)  Caleb started kindergarten this year, and we are so proud of him.  He is learning so many things, and always wants to do his best at everything, a bit of a perfectionist I think.  He is growing more mature every day, and notices things in the world that a lot of us don't.  As our "middle child" I don't ever want to forget or pass him by.  He has valid things to say and things to teach us.  So often in our busy, daily lives it is easy to "miss" him and all the things that God is teaching us through him.  He makes us laugh, he makes us pull our hair out, he is so sweet at times, he strives to be the "bestest friend" (as he says) to his big brother, whom he looks up to and admires so much.  And he is growing into a wonderful big brother himself to Alaina, learning how to be empathetic and helpful to her needs as well.  But most of all, we are thankful for who CALEB is himself, all on his own.  God made him perfectly and we thank Him for allowing us to be part of his life for the past 5 years.  We look forward to a lifetime with him!  We love you Caleb.

No comments :

Post a Comment