Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things

This is something being passed around Facebook right now. I figured since I took so long coming up with these on there, I would also share them with my blogging buddies! Enjoy learning 25 random things about me! :-)

1. I met my husband my freshman year of college, we dated 4 years, and then got married.
2. I've been married to my husband, Scott, for 8 1/2 years now and I love him more and more every day.
3. I have a son, Ethan, who will be 5 on Feb. 3rd! He was an easy baby, and made us think we had the parenting thing figured out!
4. I have a second son, Caleb, who turned 2 last August30th. He was a difficult baby, but has gotten easier as he's gotten older.
5. We think we are finished with our family, and happy with having two children for many different reasons.
6. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior at 4 years old. I rededicated my life to Christ when I was 14 years old.
7. I am 30 years old. (And my Wii Fit age is 30 too!)
8. I grew up moving around the United States b/c my Dad was in the Air Force for 20 years. I lived in Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Alaska, California, Virginia, and Texas. Since leaving home, I've lived in North Carolina and South Carolina, which is my home now.
9. I work around 25 - 30 hours each week at Wolverine Coatings Corporation as their accounting/bookkeeping person and I love my job!
10. I grew up singing solos and duets in church almost every other Sunday and was always involved in choir, but haven't been involved in a choir since getting married, and I miss it! I hope to have time to join and revisit that love in my life eventually, but can't even begin to imagine adding another thing in my schedule at the moment!
11. I went to two different high schools, William Howard Taft High in San Antonio, Texas for my freshman and sophomore years, and North Stafford High in Stafford, Virginia for my junior and senior years.
12. I was Salutatorian of my graduating high school class.
13. I ran track and cross country in high school, and still try to run when I can. I would like to train again for some more 5K races, but again, time is the issue!
14. I went to Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina.
15. I changed majors 3 times in college - started out with American Sign Language, changed to Accounting, then changed to Education and graduated with a B.S. in Middle Grades Education with emphasis in Math and Language Arts. ( I think I really just wanted to be a wife and mother mainly, hence my indecision!)
16. I only taught school for 2 years - 8th grade Math, Science, and Reading; 5th grade all subjects; and 7th grade Math and Algebra. I decided I didn't like all the disrespect of the students and actually NOT having time to teach, but was just a discipline monitor all day. I like working with adults better!
17. I have never learned to cook. I love to eat, but don't like to cook. That can be a problem!
18. My mom and dad moved to SC from VA when Ethan was 6 months old, and my mom has been our full time childcare provider ever since, to which we are so thankful, since we both have to work!
19. I enjoy keeping up with friends I've met over the years through email, blogs, and now facebook!
20. I love taking pictures of my family.
21. I enjoy creating websites and blogs.
22. I sleep in almost every Saturday, while my husband gets up and has "Daddy and Sons" time with our two sons. I am very spoiled with this tradition! I hope it continues!
23. I am pretty organized, but not as much as I used to be. Having kids and a husband helped me to relax a little in my idea of a perfectly organized home! It's more important spending time with my family in my home than keeping it neat and organized now.
24. I am 5 ft 8 in tall.
25. I can't think of anything else, as this has taken me almost 45 minutes to come up with these!

1 comment :

  1. I'm jealous of your organization. I wish I were - in my head I am, but the house speaks for itself.

    I didn't know you were a singer! I knew you were a dancer and choreographer though, since we made up plenty of performances in your parents' garage and backyard together!

    Something funny I just remembered about you was that in the 3rd grade I was trying to convince you that Santa wasn't real and you were totally convinced he was and were giving me proof about how you drew a picture of a purple scooter and he delivered the exact one to you. I kept telling you that the scooter was from the store and you insisted it was specially made by Santa. Do you remember that?

    ReplyDelete