Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pregnancy Reflections at 37 Weeks

So, I am now exactly 37 weeks along, and although I've shared some on the blog with picture updates, I haven't written many word and thought updates.  It might not be long now before I deliver, as my blood pressure has crept up again, just as it did in my previous pregnancies at the end, so I thought I'd better post these thoughts now while I had the chance! 

Anyone following the blog may have noticed that I just posted a whole bunch of entries in a row, trying to catch up.  When have I had the time to post these, you might ask?  Well, unfortunately it is because it is the middle of the morning, and I am still awake!  This has been a very hard pregnancy towards the end on me, much harder than I had with the boys.  For the past 3 - 4 weeks, I have suffered terrible insomnia.  I never knew what it was like to not be able to sleep, as I'm normally a person who can take several naps a day, if I were to get that luxury, and still go to bed fine at night.  So, this has been a whole new experience for me.  At first I thought it was God's way of getting my body ready again for all the night feedings, but I don't think I need 4 weeks of preparation!  I would love to get sleep now, before I am made to lose sleep!

I also am not sure if I've already mentioned on the blog, but this pregnancy I have gestational diabetes, which I also didn't have in my pregnancies with the boys.  Testing my blood sugar 4 times daily, and watching my diet so closely, has also been a new and challenging experience.  I have such a new respect for people who are diabetic on a regular basis.  Thankfully, I have been able to control the diabetes with my diet alone, and have not had to take insulin.  I am hopeful that the diabetes will go away as soon as the baby is delivered, which I am told is the norm.  I am also thankful to my sister, Stacy, who experienced gestational diabetes in both of her pregnancies, for all of her encouragement and tips on how to make things work with my diet and options I could have.  It would've been a lot harder on me, had I not had her personal support!  

And my last thoughts for this early morning post are just how blessed and thankful I am to the Lord for allowing Scott and I the opportunity to raise one more child.  Although she is not even born yet, I can already see how this unplanned pregnancy by us, was planned all along by His perfect timing.  So many things have come together and fallen into place, from a start that was unsure and overwhelming to me about being pregnant again after all these years.  Just a few things - We had no baby items in our house anymore, and now are fully stocked;  Immediate financial concerns for the time I am out on maternity leave, have been taken care of;  Hospital bills and large deductibles for our health insurance, have been taken care of; We had only a few girl clothes that we had purchased just a week ago, now I have drawers and drawers full of girl clothes that were given to me to borrow from a friend.

I pray that I would be the mother to Ethan, Caleb, and Baby Sister (name to be announced when she is born!) that God would have me to be, and that I would be pleasing in His sight for the amazing blessings He has bestowed upon us!

1 comment :

  1. Isn't it amazing how a loving Heavenly Father takes care of us when we submit ourselves to his will? I love reflecting on how blessed our lives are and seeing His hand in the details of our lives. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete