Sunday, January 30, 2011

39 Weeks Pregnant

This is my last weekend being pregnant.  I am 39 weeks tomorrow, and I am scheduled to go into the hospital at 5:30 am for induction because of my high blood pressure I've had over the last part of this pregnancy.  I can't believe I've made it this far!  This is the longest I've been pregnant.  I was 38 wks with Ethan and 37 wks with Caleb, so this pregnancy is a record for me!  Since induced labors are all I've ever known, and they have gone quickly and well for me both times before, I am okay with being induced again.  Although I know each time is different, I am hopeful that this one will be fast as well!  Both of my other inductions were more "emergency like" though in that I didn't know I was going in to be induced so far ahead of time.  For this one, I found out this past Monday that they would induce me the following Monday, so I had a whole week to prepare.  I worked up until Thursday, and then took Friday off and had the weekend.  So, I feel really prepared.  Although I don't know if you can ever be fully prepared.  I know that once she is born, a whole new set of challenges will start.  I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself though, and just take one day at a time.  Since yesterday was such a beautiful day outside, we did a little impromptu photo shoot of our own.
The next post will probably be the announcement of baby girl being born!

No comments :

Post a Comment