Thursday, June 10, 2010

The News

Last Saturday we got together with my parents, Scott's parents, and our friends, the Wileys, to officially celebrate my birthday (May 28th) and my Dad's birthday (June 4th).  Besides the amazing chocolate and vanilla cake my Mom made for me . . .
... We also had some important NEWS to share with the family.  We are expecting BABY #3 sometime in late January/early February!!!  Right after the prayer, and before we ate, Scott told everyone that Ethan and Caleb had learned something new today - that they were going to be BIG BROTHERS!!  I think it took a moment for it to sink in to everyone with what he had said.  I know it took and is still taking a while to sink in to my own mind!  This is a surprise pregnancy to Scott and I, as we THOUGHT our family was complete.  But apparently God has other plans in mind for us.  We are rejoicing at this blessing, and will make adjustments in our way of thinking about our family.  It's a good thing that God gives us 9 months to get ready.  I had given most of my baby stuff away to my sister (and she is expecting her 2nd in December), so we'll definitely have to build up our supply of baby stuff again.  But I'm sure through borrowing from family and friends, looking in the paper, and browsing some yard sales we will be well supplied by the time the baby arrives.  I'm starting to move from the "shock" stage of being pregnant, to looking forward to having a little one in the house again.  I am definitely determined to try to stay healthy and fit this time around.  I do feel like I am in the best shape physically starting out this time, as I had been regularly running.  So, I hope I can keep that up.  So far, just mild cases of nausea and being exhausted are the only symptoms I've felt.  I pray for a great pregnancy!  Here's the group below that got to hear the news in person.  (Oh, and Teddy, Stacy, Zach, and Wendy's dog is visiting my Mom this week while the Whalens travel, so he also got to be a part of the fun!)

No comments :

Post a Comment