Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dealing with my new haircut

So, we were supposed to get a family Christmas picture made at Sears yesterday, but I decided to reschedule. Why you may ask? Well, I made the mistake of going to the mall to someone I didn't know to get my hair "trimmed" - and you guessed it, it ended up being A LOT shorter than I wanted it. Let's just say everyone is calling me the Dutch Paint Boy! :-( I am reminded that I look like my youngest sister, Megan, when she was about 5 (sorry, Megan!) Anyway, I had asked for about 1/2 in to 1 in to be trimmed off . . . just to look polished for our pictures. I think she took off about 3 inches instead! So, I've already mourned about this for several days now. And yesterday I finally decided to take action . . . I called my regular hair stylist, who isn't working until Monday, and I scheduled an appointment with her. I know she can't put back length on it, but I am hoping that she can trim it and shape it better around my face than it is. I think it is just too one dimensional, if that makes any sense. OK, well enough talking about the dreaded "do" - here are some pictures to mark the event. We rescheduled our family pic for next Saturday, and hopefully I'll feel more satisfied with the cut at that point, even though it will still be extremely short! Thank goodness my hair grows pretty fast!











2 comments :

  1. Aww! I think you should get it a little closer to your head, so it's not so triangular. I'll see if I can find some good pics to send you. By the way, it's not terrible! You are so cute anyways.Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...definitely reminds me of my mushroom or "turtle top" haircut, as Mike likes to call it, from when I was little. Can't wait to see the follow up pics!...even though I think it looks fine :)

    ReplyDelete