Friday, September 17, 2010

Soccer Boys

Last Saturday was Ethan's first Upward Soccer Game of this season.  This makes season #3 for him, and he is only 6!  Can't you just tell the joy that soccer brings him?  The above pics are of him running through the famous tunnel at the beginning of the game when they announce all the players' names.  He really likes putting on a show!

He was only in the game about 10 seconds and started dribbling the ball down to the goal, and scored the goal!  The first one for his team this season!  He was so fast, that I didn't even get a picture or video, but my mother in law got these great "before" the goal and "after" the goal pictures.
We have been told by Ethan's coaches that he really has a lot of talent, and I must agree!  But more than the goals he scores, or how well he plays, I really just love to see how happy soccer makes him!  There's always room for fun on the field in Ethan's eyes!
And Caleb was old enough this year to play on a team, however, he would not commit and said he didn't want to play on a team, but only in his backyard.  He loves to play with his brother in the backyard, as well as at Ethan's soccer practices and games on the sidelines.  I think he would really do quite well at it also if he played, but I wasn't going to force it.  Maybe next year!  Here are some pics of him still wanting to wear soccer shoes and playing on the sidelines during the game.

2 comments :

  1. I'm loving these pics - the looks on their faces are priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'm so lucky to have such cuties for nephews!

    ReplyDelete