Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blog Viewer Reveal

So, while on vacation this week, I get an abnormal amount of time to blog, search the internet, edit and organize pictures, and read friend's blogs.  I love doing all of these things, and could do them for hours and hours every day if given the chance because I really enjoy it!  While reading some friend's blogs, I've gotten so many ideas of things to blog about.  I always say that I'll have to use this or that idea sometime on my blog, but rarely actually get around to doing it.  So, I thought I would take some of my time this week on vacation to do some of those ideas I've found.

One idea I found on our friend, Kelley's blog is a "Delurking Week" post.  My interpretation of this from her is the week where people who regularly read your blog, but don't comment or rarely comment, come out of hiding so to speak, and comment on your post so that you know who reads or "lurks" on your blog.  I liked this idea, as I'm often curious about who reads my blog.  Even if it's only myself who reads it or people from my family, that's okay with me, as blogging for me is more about recording the memories in my life.  But it is still interesting to find out if there are people that you don't know or people that you do know who view your blog. 

So, with that being said, I don't want my readers to feel like it's a bad thing if you view my blog regularly or from time to time and don't comment, because I do that with plenty of blogs I find myself.  But if you do read my blog, please reveal yourself in a comment!  Just for fun!  My friend whom I got this idea from just had twin boys and lured her readers to comment by promising new pictures of her twins and family.  What reward shall I offer?  Hmmm, I always post a lot of pictures on my blog, but perhaps I will do some new and interesting posts out of the ordinary this week.  We'll see how creative I can be, and perhaps the promise of some surprise posts will entice some of you to comment!  :-)

5 comments :

  1. Hi Jill,
    I read your blog from time to time! I found your blog from Stacy's blog and sometimes I notice when you post an update on facebook. I have a blog but I have not updated it in over a year. Maybe this summer I will start over!
    Have fun at the beach! We are going to the Outer Banks in June with my family for a week. I can't wait!

    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read - but I admit that I usually pick 2 days every month to catch up on everyone's blogs, even though I regularly update my own. I love looking at blogs so much that I had to stop myself from doing it regularly because I wasn't being productive. So this way I just do everything in one chunk of time and feel better about myself :-)

    How fun is it that we've known each other 23 years now and keep in contact on electronic media?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lurking on your blog....ooooooo:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Edith, Kyndra, and Stacy for leaving a comment! I appreciate you all stopping by from time to time. Edith, I enjoy keeping up with your family on FB too. Let me know if you start up your blog again and I'll check it out! Kyndra, what a good idea to catch up on everyone's blogs 2 days a month. I like organization and good time management like that too! And Stacy, I'm glad you lurk on my blog! Ha ha! :-) I like to lurk on yours too. Well, it is the end of vacation week, and I haven't done any more interesting/creative posts since the beginning of the week. I'm going to go try to enjoy our last day here, and catch up on blogging later. I have plenty more pictures to share from our week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill ..... I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing what all is going on. I like that you can live far away from friends - and still feel involved in their lives because of things like blogs, so keep the posts coming!! It's fun to see how your family is doing! Hope you guys had a great week of vacation! Can't wait to see more pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete