Thursday, October 27, 2011

End of October

I can't believe it's already the end of October.  Once again another month that has flown by!  Some highlights from the month . . .
Alaina got to visit an apple farm and pumpkin patch for the first time!  My mom took her one day with some friends of ours while the boys were in school and I was at work.  She got some cute pics to show us!


We got a trampoline for a great deal off of craigslist for our back yard!  I had a trampoline growing up, so it is neat to see our kids enjoying one now.  I even have tried it a little myself!



Ethan and Caleb got to spend an afternoon at Camp Croft with my parents last weekend after the soccer games, and Ethan even tried kayaking with my Dad!  We were so proud of him!  I love his adventurous, unafraid personality!


 Also, last Friday I went with the boys on what I called a "mommy field trip."  I was off work for the day, and the boys were out of school for a teacher work day, so we went along with a group of other mommies and kids, most of whom homeschool their kids, but they didn't mind that we joined them.  We went to a plantation called Walnut Grove.  We learned about toys that kids played with back in the 1700s, toured the Moore family's house which is still set up from that era, and the boys even got to make their own toy!  It was a fun time, especially the hay stack they found to play in on the property at the end!


Caleb also went on a field trip with his 5K class to an orchard, and got to bring home a bag of apples and this cute pumpkin!  I didn't get to chaperone this time, so he was upset about that, but he did well after he got to school and stopped crying.  He let me take his picture with his pumpkin that he picked out.

And Alaina is crawling all over the place still, has pulled up on things once or twice by herself, but is still trying to master getting up to her feet every time.  She is keeping us on our toes with her curiosity around the house, but for the most part, she is just such an easy going baby.  We got a new camera for an early Christmas present to ourselves, so I am enjoying learning more about it and having fun taking lots of pictures of our kiddos!
That's all for the update on what we've been up to in October.  Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment