Saturday, February 11, 2012

Alaina turns 1 year old - Scott turns . . .

We have 3 birthdays in our house in the span of 11 days . . . this is the first year I've had to figure out the logistics of celebrating all three, since it is Alaina's FIRST BIRTHDAY!  We ended up deciding to do all three celebrations in one weekend sweep.  It seemed to work this year!  First, we had Ethan's party with his friends on Saturday, Jan. 28th (a little before his actual birthday on Feb. 3rd, but it allowed for the most family members to be present).  (See below post).


Then on Sunday, we celebrated Scott's and Alaina's.  Scott turned 36 on Jan. 23rd, and Alaina turned 1 on Jan. 31st.  Scott said he didn't mind sharing his celebration day with his little girl.  So, we went to an early dinner to a restaurant in Greenville that Scott wanted to go to, Smoke on the Water - very yummy!  Then we all came back to our house for cake and presents.  That's when we presented Alaina with her 1 year old birthday cake.







I struggled a little about not doing a big 1 year old birthday party for her, as I had done for both of our boys when they turned 1.  But the logistics of planning that out, just didn't work out this year, due to other things already planned on different weekends, etc.  So, I just decided that it was OKAY to celebrate her with our family only.  We took plenty of pictures, so she will always remember that we did remember her.  I think that is the main thing I've learned this year with having three kids.  I can't do everything EXACTLY the same, in the EXACT same way for EACH child.  And I don't need to.  Each child is different, each stage of life is different, and sometimes LIFE just doesn't allow you to do things in the exact perfect, planned out way that you may have in your head (or my head, rather.)  I have learned to be much more flexible this year, at least I would like to think.  There's always room for more growth of course.  But for now, I am so thankful for a little girl to love and have the privilege of raising.  It is definitely different than raising boys, I've already learned.  Both are very special, but just different.  There is SO much more to learn.  I'm thankful for a chance to be a mother to a little girl.  I didn't really ever think I needed or even wanted to have a little girl, I was fine either way.  But now that she's come into our lives, she is just such a sweet, sweet blessing we never knew we were missing out on!









Happy Birthday to our precious Lainey girl!

No comments :

Post a Comment