Thursday, May 22, 2008

Preparing for a 5K


I think I've finally made up my mind that I am going to enter the 5K race on June 21st in Greenville. It is a candlelight charity run that starts at 9 pm, so a neat idea for a summertime race! Last year, Scott and I ran the 1 mile fun run before the 5K, and that about killed us, since we were so out of shape with running. But this year, I have been running more, and enjoying it more just this week even, so I am hoping I can complete the race in a reasonable amount of time. Ethan has been helping me train by riding his bike with me around the neighborhood. That forces me to do some quick sprints in the midst of my jogging, in order to keep up with him, and prevent him from drifting out into the middle of the road for cars to hit him, as is a constant concern of mine. He is always looking down at his feet on the pedals, or looking back at me, . . . anywhere but in front of him! Here is a picture of the two of us in training! :-)

1 comment :

  1. That's great Jill! I'm confident that you can do it. Especially with Ethan's help. Keep a close eye on that kid!

    ReplyDelete