Friday, November 21, 2008

A Busy Couple Weeks

I haven't posted in a while, as things have been very busy! My Grandpa Watson (mom's dad) fell at the beginning of last week and hit his head on the bathroom counter. After a couple seizures, and a trip to the hospital, the doctors discovered a bleed in his brain. So, to make a long story shorter, my mom had to leave unexpectedly to go up to Ohio and help take care of him and decide on his care. My grandpa, who is 90 years old and will be 91 this December, had surgery this past Tuesday to drain the blood from his brain and relieve some pressure. The surgery was a success, and he is on his way to recovery! Praise the Lord! He will probably have to go into nursing home care, at least for a few weeks, after getting out of the hospital. Please continue to pray for his recovery.

So, needless to say, with my full time childcare provider being out of town almost two weeks, Scott and I felt like we were "roughing it", even though I know many people have it a lot worse off than us! It was just very overwhelming to try to work 30 hours from home for my regular job, while still being a full time mom and taking care of the boys at the same time. Luckily, the boys are in preschool 9 hours a week, so during the other 21, I just tried to log in from home and work when I could! Thank goodness I had the ability to do that, or I would've been very behind on my work. I am so thankful to my boss for the flexibility he gives me in times like these, as well as for Scott's mom and our friend, Melanie, who stepped in to watch the boys for me a couple days so I could make an appearance at the office and keep up!

Tonight Scott and I are going on a much needed date night! I'm looking forward to a return to a normal schedule!

1 comment :

  1. Sorry the past couple of weeks have been so chaotic! I hope you and Scott had a REALLY FUN date night last night!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete