Thursday, August 6, 2009

After Running Snack

 


So, I've been running almost 40 miles a month for the past two months, however, I'm not losing any weight! It's hard to admit, but I am probably 15 lbs heavier than before I had children. I would really like to lose that weight! I think the key for me is going to have to be watching what I eat more . . . calories in versus calories out. I was able to lose some weight last summer keeping track of things on www.sparkpeople.com (which I highly recommend for anyone trying to lead a healthy lifestyle - it's free too!). But once I get out of tracking things, I just eat too much, and therefore don't lose anything. So, I have decided I'm going to watch my food intake again starting today! So, tonight after running I chose the snack above instead of unhealthier/higher calorie foods I normally do. Ten baby carrots and reduced fat ranch dressing plus a serving of chocolate mint jello pudding made into a mousse by adding some cool whip (a great new find recently to satisfy my chocolate cravings!). The total snack totaled 225 calories . . . not bad for a decent sized snack!
Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment