Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mid October Update

I can't believe it's already mid-October . . . it's been a while since I posted!  I guess we've just been busy with LIFE!

Caleb enjoyed getting to go to pick some apples on an apple farm with Mama Bailey a couple weeks ago.  Ethan was in school, but I think Mama and Grandpa Bailey are going to try to take another trip sometime when Ethan can go also.

 
Everyone has still been enjoying getting to attend Ethan's Saturday morning soccer games.  A couple weeks ago it was soccer picture day, and between our camera and Mama Brisken's camera, we were able to capture some cute soccer photos of Ethan and his team too.



 


We celebrated Papa Brisken's 60th birthday with a surprise birthday party at one of his favorite Mexican restaurants last Thursday evening.





Mama Bailey's birthday was this past Saturday also, but she was in Ohio visiting her Mom and siblings, so we didn't get to celebrate with her on her actual special day this year.

I've been taking turns with my friend, Melanie, and each of us teaches a 3 year old preschool lesson every other week for Caleb and her son, Elijah.  I usually teach my lesson on my day off from work.  We decided to do our own preschool at home this year instead of having Caleb in the church preschool, for various reasons including him not being fully potty trained yet, and so far it's been working out pretty well!  I'm enjoying this special time with Caleb.  This past Friday was one of my days to teach, and for one of the activities I had the boys write their letters, numbers, and shapes in a pan full of rice, which they seemed to enjoy!  And believe it or not, there were only a few specs of rice outside the pan on the table and floor when we were all finished . . . it could've been a huge mess, but they both followed my instructions very well and kept the rice inside the pan!  :-)

 


I ran in a 5K race this past Saturday with my neighbor and friend, Ashley.  I was able to make my fastest post-highschool time since I've gotten back into running again - 34:34.  Ashley and I had been running together pretty regularly in the summer, but haven't been able to keep up as heavy of a running schedule since school started for both of our kids, but we still decided to do this race together.  I'm glad we did it!


1 comment :

  1. wow jill great job on your race! and thanks for the update, i've been waiting for one! guess that means i should probably get around to updating mine one of these days!

    ReplyDelete