Thursday, March 10, 2011

February Facebook Statuses

Since I didn't blog at all during February, I thought it would be fun to go back through my Facebook statuses from February to summarize what was going on, or at least the few sentences I posted about what was going on in our lives then.  I go through stages of when I am on Facebook a lot, and when I am not, but in February, I was on a lot.  I think it is a great outlet for keeping in touch with friends, when you can't always go out and see them or correspond often.  I definitely used it as an outlet for my first month at home with our newborn daughter.  It was great to get the support from friends for what I was going through each day.  So, more as a reminder to myself about the month of February, here are my statuses:
Jan. 31 - Alaina Grace was born at 10:34 am, weighing 6 lbs 9 oz. She and I are doing great! Thank you for all the prayers!! Pics to come!
Feb 1 - Eventful day today (even after giving birth yesterday!) . . . discharged from the hospital, home in the afternoon, 2 big brothers loving on their little sis, and 2 big brothers sick . . . so thankful for on-call doctors at our Family Physicians office. Welcome to the real world of 3 children! Please pray for God's healing and protection on our household! And for these two tired parents doing our best!
Feb 2 - Praying for complete healing for our boys, clarity for the doctor, patience and wisdom for Scott, as he is at the doctor right now with both boys. Please, Lord, heal and protect our family at this time like no one but You can!
Feb 3 - Happy 7th Birthday to our oldest son, Ethan Scott Brisken! You blessed our lives beyond measure and gave us our most important job ever as parents. We love you so much and you brighten our lives every day with who you are!
Feb 5 - So appreciative of my sweet and patient husband who is doing full time Daddy duty with our sick boys for the 4th day in a row, so that I can focus on baby Alaina and keeping her and I well. Thank you, Lord, for helping us get through another challenging day. Continuing to pray for complete healing for our boys.
Feb 5 - "Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
Feb 5 - So thankful for a good night's rest for the whole family. Hopefully this is a turning point in the boys' sicknesses. Finally getting to really enjoy little Alaina with their brothers today!
Feb 7 - This week starts a new "normal" for us . . . Scott back to work, Ethan and Caleb better and back to school, & Alaina and I settling into our home routine. I hope to get more rest this week than I did last week!!! Please give me a call, text, or email if you want to stop by and visit.
Feb 10 - Success today = Got a shower, wore something other than sweatpants, and put in my contacts . . . even if it was 5:00 pm by the time I did it! :-)
Feb. 11 - It's official, I am not allowed to have open cups with liquid around technology . . . spilled water on my phone & now it's hopefully drying out in rice . . . msg me on fb, email, or call Scott's phone if you need to reach me. I hope it still works, I don't think I can leave the world of smart phones now!
Feb. 11 - Had a great date night going to a movie with my hubby just 11 days after having Alaina, thanks to my wonderful in-laws watching all 3 kids! It was nice to get out of the house for a few hours. So thankful for family!
Feb. 13 - Enjoyed baked spaghetti, garlic bread, & chocolate pie for the 2nd night in a row . . . thanks LeeAnn Fish Lee! It is delicious!
Feb. 16 - Can't believe we've only had little Alaina in our lives for 2 weeks, it seems like she's been with us much longer! She is so sweet! Our whole family is in love with her!
Feb. 19 - Rough couple of days for me . . . feeling a little better today on antibiotics and lots of rest. I'm trying to keep on keeping on with nursing!
Feb. 22 - I love little Alaina so much, and she really is a very good baby . . . but these first weeks with a newborn are hard and emotional for me! Someday, I will feel normal again, right???
Feb. 25 - Things are looking up . . . I've made it almost 4 weeks exclusively nursing (longest stretch for me ever), drinking delicious coffee at the moment, and tonight is Ethan's 7th Birthday party sleepover. It should be fun having five boys over for the night!!! :-) Praising the Lord for feeling better today!
Feb. 28 - Enjoying time with my little girl. Can't believe she's 1 month old today!

No comments :

Post a Comment