Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July Weekend

This year my sisters and their families came to visit in SC for the 4th of July weekend. It was so great having everyone here. I enjoyed shopping trips with each of my sisters, kid free, which was so fun! It really makes me wish that we all lived closer.


Oh, and did I mention that my youngest sister, Megan, is expecting her first baby with her husband, Mike?  The news is official now, so I can share it here . . . she is 14 weeks in this picture above, due Dec. 31st, 2011 I think.  So exciting!


On Sunday night we had a cook out with everyone, then watched fireworks at the end of my parents' driveway that their neighbors were shooting. It was just as good as any professional show without the crowds or driving or traffic. Just perfect! Plus the two babies, Alaina and Serena, as well as Wendy were already sleeping soundly in bed in the house before the fireworks started, so that was an added plus to staying at home to watch them. I always get a little sad the week after everyone leaves, but I can look forward to seeing everyone again in just another week from now when we meet again in Ohio for the Watson (my Mom's side of the family) reunion. Looking forward to that already.
 It's so fun that the cousins are getting old enough to play together now! (Wendy, Serena, Ethan, Alaina, Caleb - L to R)
Megan and Mike

Wendy, Stacy, Zach, Serena

Dad and Mom

Our family of 5
The girls

The guys

Happy 4th of July!  
(Thanks to Sharon, my mother in law, for once again capturing these great photo shots!  I love them all!)

1 comment :

  1. Such great pics of everyone. I was jus telling someone recently about our Lionel Richie dancing we used to do in your garage when we were little and was remembering some of the choreography, mainly the part where Megan or my brother started out upside down on the mini-trampoline and we did that little thing with their legs while holding them. Good times :-)

    ReplyDelete