Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Highlights from May

Despite all the flooding that dominated our month, we had a lot of happy highlights in May too.  I'm attempting to catch up all that we did in this one post.  Here goes!

I can't believe the boys talked me into taking them to the pool on May 1st!  That is really early, but luckily we had a warm day today, so it wasn't TOO freezing!  They even talked me into getting in up to my waist.  There may have been a little splashing up to my face as well, but I didn't mind too much.  I was so proud at how well Ethan remembered his swimming.  He took off doing the breast stroke, back stroke, and front crawl with no problem!  Caleb did pretty well too.  He was a little too cold to get his head in, but I was proud for him even getting in.  Swimming lessons are coming up again the last week of May, so I think they'll be ready!
I went to get my hair cut and highlighted.  Alaina got to visit with Mama Brisken while I was gone at my hair appointment.  


We went to the children's musical at church.  There are a couple videos of Caleb and Ethan singing with their choirs on the "Videos" tab at the www.briskenbunch.shutterfly.com site.  Busy weekend for sure, but good!
 I took Alaina for her first professional haircut.  At 15 months, 11 days, we trimmed it up so it wouldn't be in her eyes so much.  And so that the nice "mullet" in the back would be evened up a little with the sides.  I think it looks very nice.  I would love it if she would let me put it in pig-tails more often, or barrettes and bows . . . but so far, she tears them out pretty quickly.  Maybe one day when she's old enough to understand a bribe about sitting still for me to do her hair and keeping it in her hair to earn a cookie or something.  Ha ha! 




 I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my family.  My 3 kids made me feel so special and loved.  And my Mom and Mom-in-law made a wonderful lunch for us all to enjoy after church.  I am so thankful for the blessings in my life!
 Caleb graduated from kindergarten, I can't believe it!  The school had a nice graduation ceremony where each child received their certificate.  Daddy, Alaina, Mama Brisken, Mama Bailey, and I were there to cheer Caleb on!  Then we went back to the classroom where Caleb's teacher had each child choose a writing of their choice to read aloud to the whole class and guests.  I was so proud of Caleb for getting up and doing this!  This is out of his comfort zone by a lot, but he did great!  He chose his book about Jaguars to read.  Check out the video of him reading on the "Videos" tab at the Brisken Bunch site.



 Then, at the end of May, we went on our huge family vacation to the OuterBanks with 22 people.  We took the boys out of the last 4 days of school to go.  We had a wonderful, wonderful time, and people even said that they would do it again.  We weren't too tired of each other I guess by the end of the week, and actually all wished we could've had longer!  I got sooooo many great pictures, but my absolute favorite picture that we got of my family is this one.  It was an awesome vacation!  And the best part is that we still have the entire summer to enjoy next!


No comments :

Post a Comment