Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SC Capital

Last Friday I went on my second field trip of the week to Columbia, the Capital of South Carolina, with Ethan. We left at 7:45 am and didn't return until 6 pm. It was a LONG day but a fun one. I am so thankful that I am able to participate in things like this and can arrange my schedule at work accordingly. (Side note - On Thursday before I went on the field trip my company celebrated my service anniversary of working for them for SEVEN years! I am still so thankful to have the job I have there and am so blessed to still be able to put my family first even with working part time.) We went to the State Museum first. I had a group of 4 third graders to keep up with, and they were good for the most part!




Next we went to a children's museum called EdVenture, which had a huge playground on the INSIDE of a huge guy named ED.

There were also lots of other fun things for the kids to do ...
Then the last place we went was to the state house grounds. We weren't able to go inside, but the kids had fun walking up the huge steps and making a slide out of a slanted concrete slab.
(Ethan's class - his teacher, Mrs. Moroz on left - she looks like one of the kids, she is so young!)
It was a great day together, but I was soooo tired that night I went to bed at 7:30 pm!!!!
Until my next moment to blog!

No comments :

Post a Comment