Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jumped too fast

I feel a bit foolish for my long rant and rave post about my neighbor's article in the paper. It turns out, it wasn't even our neighbor who wrote the article, thus it wasn't our dogs or our dog pen that the article was referring to.

Scott went over to our other neighbor's house tonight to talk with him about watching our dogs for us while we're gone on vacation. He decided to ask this neighbor if he knew what Paul's last name was . . .well, it wasn't Eberhart, as stated in the article. Also, this neighbor is the one whose dog always does get out and roam the neighborhood and get in people's trash. He said that our neighbor, Paul, had even come to him before and talked to him about his dog, so he was sure that if he had a problem with our dogs, he would've come to us too.

I still was suspicious though, and wanted to make sure he didn't use an alias. :-) So, I searched to make sure there was actually a Paul Eberhart who lives in Boiling Springs, and there was! One that lived 6 miles away from us in another neighborhood. So, Scott and I and the boys went on a little drive to find this guy's house tonight, and in fact saw that there was a dog pen next door to him. It didn't have any trees for shade, but there were two dog houses.

So, now I am finally assured that it wasn't my dogs the article was written about! I had become very paranoid and thought that our neighbor was watching our every move, when in fact it wasn't even him who had written the article and it wasn't about our dogs! I definitely jumped to conclusions too soon. Let this be a lesson to me and anyone else who reads it! :-)

1 comment :